Saturday, June 26, 2010

myv.

Last night, my friend Russ and I went to see Miyavi in Boston.

It. Was. AMAZING.
I've been telling people that all of the good luck in my life was saved for that one day and that I'll never have any luck again after that (sorry, GACKT). First off, there was hardly any traffic going in to Boston, because all of the rednecks were on their way to see Nascar in NH. We got there in about an hour when Mapquest said it would take an hour and 40 minutes (I might have sped a little). We found the place without getting lost; parking was the next step. I went down a side street, and, VOILA! A space with a PARKING meter. For the PUBLIC. And we didn't have to pay after 6pm...so parking cost about 75 cents. :D We got Subway because it was the only place without a sign in Korean (weird part of Boston...). Then, we waited in line. We were really close to the front; I came with the impression that the show started at 8 and the doors opened at 7, but I WAS WRONG. Doors opened at 8 and it started at 9.

Waiting in line was a bore, but then Russ started talking to this nice Chinese lady for about an hour. When we finally got in, I was able to get to the merch table right away (got a shirt and a tote), then we went to find spots in the tiny nightclub. Hardly anyone was there yet. I picked a first spot with a lot of tall people, then realized the guy next to me was drinking beer. I was not going to stand next to a drunk guy. So, we moved to the other side of the stage...and THERE IT WAS. A Shannon-sized spot right in front of the stage!!! I snagged it and was like ghrueshgfjdhsgjks! MINE!!! I stood next to this awesome chick that I started a chant with. myv was late, you see.

So, the show started. He is such an incredible performer!!!!!! I have NEVER seen anyone with so much charisma and that knows how to work an audience. I'm not even kidding, I made eye contact with him at least three times. If he didn't, I'm really surprised. I was the only one in my area NOT wearing black, and I was right in-freaking-front of him. It was so funny to see him mess around with his drummer and keyboardist. It was obvious that myv was tired, but he did the entire show and he was all enthusiastic. :D Yayyy. Funniest part: towards the beginning of the show, some of his hair fell out. He held it up and had this look on his face like "WUT DO WE HAV HERE?/?/?/??" Then he put it on the keyboard. Classy. Anyways, it was awesome (even though I got disgusting water poured on me), and I'm experiencing post-partum depression right now...I want to go back so badly. This list isn't in any particular order, but these are the songs i remember him playing:

SURVIVE
SuperHero
Ame ni utaeba
Shouri no V-Rock (the towel song? I don't know if this is the right one)
BOOM-HAH-BOOM-HAH-HAH
Please Please Please
Are U Ready to Rock
Kimi ni Negai wo
Two new songs (one of which was written only a few days ago, so we were the first ones in the world to hear it!!!)

ENCORES:
What a Wonderful World
Neo Visualizm

I hope I didn't miss any. 13 seems about right. I'm trying to preserve this in my memory as much as possible, because I tend to forget concerts. Not that one. I'm going to sound so fangirl-y, but when I made eye contact with him, I was like "I AM UNDER THIS MAN'S POWER." xD He just soaks up the attention. I sincerely hope that I can see him live again.

Now I just have to see GACKT live...if I do that, I can die peacefully. xD

3 comments:

  1. The hair thing was friggin hilarious. I keep trying to find videos that people might have taken but the fact that the guy from the venue threatened to kick people out was making us all nervous.

    I got two at the very end, when he came over to our area. Btw, I think I was directly behind you. Pretty sure, anyway.


    I would be the one who laughed when your friend brought up GACKT (but I was not trying to be mean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO. WAY. I totally remember you.

    By the way, I found a video (of the line...)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wl8J3npnEY

    I think that's when the bikers were going by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY! Crazy, right? I kept looking for other people's accounts of the concert and I found a few but not so many... It was a small little concert, but god it was so amazing.

    ReplyDelete