Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thank you.

So, I work at an ice cream/grill stand. It's easy, since it's my third season working there. Now that I've gotten the hang of things, I've started to notice the little things like how people get banana splits at 9pm and we have a beaver living in the stream. One thing I've noticed in particular bugs the hell out of me. There is a distinct lack of 'Thank you.'

I'm aware that I get paid for my job. I try to do it with a pleasant voice and a smile. I make your order correctly and as quickly as I can while still being efficient. Ice cream makes people happy. I am making your ice cream. Therefore, I am making you happy. SeewhatImean?

I mean, I could have had a sudden impulse to pour bleach in to your cone. I think THAT deserves a 'Thank you.'

Thank your servers. It makes our day better.

No comments:

Post a Comment