Thursday, July 15, 2010

English Dubs.

I like to watch some anime sometimes. I'm not an otaku or a nerd or whatever. There are some that I like (Ouran, Rurouni Kenshin, Studio Ghibli stuff, etc), but, for the most part, I can't find many that interest me at the moment.

When I'm really bored, I'll browse the Cutting Edge section on my free On Demand thing. I think, "Hey, maybe something awesome is here!" Maybe there is, but I don't have enough patience to listen to more than five minutes of English Dubs.

I feel like a lot of dubbing companies (or whoever is responsible for it) don't take the time to hire natural speakers. Some voices are unnecessarily deep, and some are just way too annoying. They don't say the words with feeling. I can fathom the difficulty there must be in trying to translate and then fit the words to the characters' mouth-motions (my vocabulary sucks right now)...but, a little more effort would be nice.

Don't get me wrong; I know there are good dubs. A lot of Studio Ghibli stuff is that way. That's why I can stand to watch it in English.

For the most part, this is what I hear:


derp

No comments:

Post a Comment