Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pancakes.

I don't really have any opinions to voice for now, so I'm going to tell you about how I try to make pancakes.

I never actually make pancakes; I just try. I think I missed out on some gene in the womb that enables me to make decent pancakes. I can never be the perfect wife because I cannot make pancakes. They are a complex puzzle that is beyond me.

I understand how to make them and how to flip them, but somehow they never fall on the pan in a complete circle, or they half-stick to the pan no matter how much cooking spray or butter I put on it. Pancakes hate me...but I love them so much.

So, this morning, I decided to try to defeat the dragon.


First problem(s): they didn't fall in circles and they were too big. I put chocolate chips on them to make them me feel better.

So, I tried to fold the big ones over like omelets.


(...shut up)

Then, this perfect little angel came along:


I was so excited! It was circular! It was cooking perfectly! THEN IT ALL STUCK TO THE PAN.

I threw it in the sink, disgusted.

I'm using a different pan next time.

1 comment:

  1. Tip to making pancakes, if nobody's told you: what usually works, I think, is to take a spatula and start scooting it under the pancake as it solidifies, so that it doesn't completely stick to the pan.

    Pretty sure that it's something you get used to doing after a while, but I think that you can tell when it's about time to start scraping underneath when the top seems to be getting more solid-ish.

    And then, when the bottom's done - check it with the spatula, make sure that you can slide the pancake all around the pan more or less freely - flip away!
    ..I've got no tips for this part, since I miss the catch as often as I make it :/
    -Read your tK profile ;P

    ReplyDelete