Thursday, July 1, 2010

Omelette Adventure.

Last night, I had a brilliant idea. In order to be more efficient as an independent woman, I needed to learn how to make an omelette. I had tried a few months before with an epic failure, because I used to worst recipe EVER.This time, I prepared myself. I asked my mom and dad if it was okay. I watched a professional chef on Youtube. Armed with the knowledge of only seeing an instructional video once and asking my mom which kind of cheese I should use, I was ready.


Step One: I mixed two eggs with some salt, pepper, and a few drops of water (that's what the chef did).

Step Two: After melting some butter in the pan, I poured the eggy mixture into the skillet.


Step Three: This is where some stuff started to not be exactly like the YouTube video. The guy used a spatula to push the already-cooked egg to the center to let the uncooked egg pool around it, but I think I let it cook too long, because not enough uncooked egg was filling in the space. So, I made some omelette holes (which are obviously not as delicious as donut holes). I tried to fix it by flipping it nicely, but the omelette's GIRTH was too large for my puny orange spatula. An awkward piece of cheese was left sticking out.


Step Four: It looks nice on my plate.


Step Five: I give it a 4 out of 10. I didn't put enough salt, used too much butter, and American cheese does NOT taste good with it, Mom. I was left with pockets of way too much cheese and non-pockets of no cheese at all! I need to practice. I can never be a successfully independent woman without making the Perfect Omelette.

No comments:

Post a Comment